Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

* Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) *

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
* Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) *

This whole idea of having a one-of-a-kind informal meet featuring the top 3 luxury vehicles in the industry originated by me and a fellow Bimmer friend (from e46fanatics.com). For lack of a better term, we are calling it a Tri-Hybrid meet, and on that note, I'd like to extend a personal invitation to any of you MBWorld.org members to join us for this extraordinary meet.

- We are going to have MANY Lexus, BMW and Benz enthusiasts and owners with their rides (stock or modded to any degree).

- This meet will take place on Sunday, April 25th, at Woodbridge Mall in Woodbridge, NJ, and we will park ourselves near the Macy's parking lot (subject to change). Map directions to the mall are here and here. We plan to be at the mall around 1:00 PM (arrive a little earlier or later is fine, but don't be too late)

- We will coordinate with mall security, and if necessary, local police to make sure the meet will be reasonably and safely settled there.

- We will also attempt to receive sponsor and product support with the meet, and that of course depends on the amount of enthusiasm and active participation to the meet. So the more positive responses of the meet here, the better chances we can get sponsors and vendors for the meet! As such, please provide any input of Mercedes-Benz sponsors and/or vendors you think will be able to help out.

- Finally, we like to see people coming from not only the tri-state region (NY/NJ/CT), but also from nearby states like Delaware, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland, Washington DC, etc. This is the main reason why we chose the location of the meet, being served as "middle ground" for the NE-mid Atlantic region and readily accessible from the highways.

BTW, if anyone, ANYONE is really enthusiastic about this upcoming meet and would like to represent and serve as MB coordinator for the meet, please speak up by all means.

FYI, here are the original meet threads posted on ClubLexus.com (my dwelling) and e46fanatics.com:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...hreadid=113859

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=150001

Thanks a bunch guys, and post up any Q's you might have

-Doug

Last edited by lexusk8; 03-18-2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Doug, we were going to have a meet that day in Edison, but might just latch on to this meet instead. Sounds like it could be a pretty big meet, and bring MB owners over who would ordinarily not come to our regional meets.

Let me know if you need any help on organizing it on the MB side of the equation.

I'm assuming no provision for lunch at the meet is being made. Is that correct?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by tommy
Let me know if you need any help on organizing it on the MB side of the equation.
Tommy, that's great for you to volunteer to help out. I only know a few members from Mass., that's about it. Since this thread hasn't been born for a day yet, let's wait and hear from any others
I'm assuming no provision for lunch at the meet is being made. Is that correct?
The food portion of the meet hasn't been talked about yet, but since this meet will be at a mall, food should be readily available at the food court and/or sit-in restaurants (the mall website says they have Applebee's and a steakhouse).
Old 03-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Almost a Member!

1998 Lexus GS400
Hey all, it would be great to have you guys come out and represent M/B's!

Looking forward to this meet!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Doug... Had a great time at your last meet. See you this time too!

Tommy... NJ SUCKS
Old 03-17-2004, 11:14 PM

02 C32
Not sure yet, but looks like I'll be there.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Hey MB folks! I'm one of the 3 coordinators of this event. (lexusk8, ARISTO, RRRize) I'm a BMW owner and a member of E46fanatics.com. Just wanted to say it would be AWESOME to see you guys and your beautiful cars at this meet! Should turn out to be a true car enthusiast event!

tommy, it would be real sweet if you all rerouted your Edison meet to this one! I look forward to meeting you and your crew! Also, thanx for volunteering to help out! If the MB participation is big, your help will be very appreciated!

Really looking forward to hookin' up with you guys and getting to know one another and checking out those sweet Benzes and Lex!! It is destined to be an incredible meet! It is also sure to turn an incredible amount of heads! Imagine the formations we can arrange and the picture taking opportunities!!

OH, someone's got to bring that Lost Boys song to the meet - Lexus, da Bimmers and da Benz... :p
Old 03-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Exclamation Only 3 responses?!

C'mon guys, where's the activity on this board?

It's pretty horrendous to see the lack of responses regarding this ultimate spring meet Not even a month away from the day of the meet, and so far we have almost 2 dozen Lexus rides coming, as well as about a dozen BMWs. The final number of participants to the meet? Well, you do the math We are also actively working on product and sponsor support, as well as interest from local dealerships. This is going to be the word of mouth for the springtime!

I already spoke to Tommy about coordinating the MB portion of the meet, and he is willing to take the reins on that. I'm sure he'll also think about re-routing the Edison meet to this one too.

How about the folks from Mass.? I went to last year's spring meet outside of Boston, and I met a bunch of great collective MB folks. I hope they can chime in on this thread and not be afraid of the drive down to NJ; it's worth every minute of it
Old 03-21-2004, 10:37 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hi guys,

i'm interested.
think it will be civil with the different brands?
Old 03-22-2004, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350, S320, Mini Cooper S
Re: Only 3 responses?!

Originally posted by lexusk8
C'mon guys, where's the activity on this board?

It's pretty horrendous to see the lack of responses regarding this ultimate spring meet Not even a month away from the day of the meet, and so far we have almost 2 dozen Lexus rides coming, as well as about a dozen BMWs. The final number of participants to the meet? Well, you do the math We are also actively working on product and sponsor support, as well as interest from local dealerships. This is going to be the word of mouth for the springtime!

I already spoke to Tommy about coordinating the MB portion of the meet, and he is willing to take the reins on that. I'm sure he'll also think about re-routing the Edison meet to this one too.

How about the folks from Mass.? I went to last year's spring meet outside of Boston, and I met a bunch of great collective MB folks. I hope they can chime in on this thread and not be afraid of the drive down to NJ; it's worth every minute of it
Wassup Doug, long time no see/talk. I wish I could attend but I have 2 finals the following week.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Re: Only 3 responses?!

Originally posted by lexusk8
It's pretty horrendous to see the lack of responses regarding this ultimate spring meet
I warned you!

We'll hopefully generate some interest this week - already have a couple of guys who are def. coming, so don't give up hope yet. But don't expect 2 dozen Benzes there either.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:46 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by S55inPA
hi guys,

i'm interested.
think it will be civil with the different brands?
Without a doubt it will be civil! It's my thinking that people who are car enthusiasts, not brand pigs, will be attracted to this event.

Many of us who are members of a forum relative to the car we own tend to know EVERYTHING about the brand of car that we own, and very little of other brands that we may like and admire at a glance. I'm an E46 BMW owner, but I am very curious to see a C32 (AMG or not) first hand. I would also like to see the sweet looking interior of the new E500 first hand. I'd also like to know what AMG stands for... What the MB NAV is like. Those among many other things I think I could learn and appreciate at a meat of this nature. I'm sure you MB folks may wonder what the Lexus L-Sportsline is. Or what a BMW SMG gearbox is. Or what is the AMG equivalent of the BMW world. I'd love to see what an SL500 engine bay looks like. There's so much we can get from this meet! I think at the end of the day, we will all walk away having gotten to know a few new cool peeps and developed a greater appreciation for one another's cars!

I would like to see a great turnout from all the invited car groups, and 100% of them be car enthusiasts, not brand pigs and anyone who may come just to start trouble. So far, no such indication of any such people on any of the participating forums! Just folks who wanna have fun and take in the sights of an assembly of 3 of the finest car manufacturer groups on the planet! Hope to see you there!

...oh, and by the way S55inPA, if your MBWorld member name is an indication of the car you own, then... yours is the first engine bay I wanna take a close look at! The S55 being one of my favorite Benzes!

Last edited by RRRize; 03-23-2004 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:55 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hi rrize,

sorry to disappoint but the S55 is gone.
i've replaced it with a brand new 03 E39 M5!
it was the last M5 my dealer was getting
until the new E60 M5 arrives.
i'm going to try and make this meet.
sounds like it will be a great time.
i'm looking forward to seeing the different
brands and put some faces to the members
screen names.

thanks.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:18 PM

Lexus GS300
i always thought this would b a good idea, we r doing the same down here in florida...a way 2 bring all the 3 of the top luxuary companies 2gether 4 a meet and day of fun talking about cars and takeing some great pics..good luck up there and i'm looking forward 2 pics..
Old 03-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by S55inPA
hi rrize,

sorry to disappoint but the S55 is gone.
i've replaced it with a brand new 03 E39 M5!
it was the last M5 my dealer was getting
until the new E60 M5 arrives.
i'm going to try and make this meet.
sounds like it will be a great time.
i'm looking forward to seeing the different
brands and put some faces to the members
screen names.

thanks.
Oh my GOD!!! You're killin' me!!! PLEEEEZE bring that M5!! I believe you will have the only M5 there so you will get ALL KINDZ OF LOVE from just about everyone in all car groups! Congrats on the ride by the way.

What color did you get?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Almost a Member!

1998 Lexus GS400
Originally posted by RRRize
Without a doubt it will be civil! It's my thinking that people who are car enthusiasts, not brand pigs, will be attracted to this event.
I would like to see a great turnout from all the invited car groups, and 100% of them be car enthusiasts, not brand pigs and anyone who may come just to start trouble.
I totally agree, if there is anyone out there that has the intention of flaming ANY marque, I would suggest they stay away from this meet.

I would really like this gathering to set the bar for future meets, i.e., I live in MA and I know that MBWorld members meet in Framingham/Natick from time to time. If I am not doing anything on that day, why not attend? etc etc

Also as RRRize noted, it would be great to learn the subtle nuances of the different models, etc etc. I'm a car freak so I know about the different sport models, etc, but RRRize schooled my the BMW aftermarket, etc. Perhaps this meet could do the same for all owners!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:53 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hi rrrize,

the color is titanium silver.
with the weather finally letting up in
the northeast i'm finally getting to put
some miles on it. for me the car is like a
combination automobile and motorcycle.
it gives me enough excitment that i don't
have the usual spring time itch to buy a
bike
Old 03-25-2004, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Find the sole MB in this group of Lexuses from last years efforts at a joint meet...

Old 03-26-2004, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I never noticed this thread because there's no indicator of the region in the heading.
Tommy pointed me here, so you can thank him later. :p

Count me in if we are merging the meets. I'd prefer the cookout possibility of the park, but I guess the mall has better parking.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Almost a Member!

1st roll call

Looks like we're slowly but surely gathering interest from the MB members here, so I thought I'd put in my version of the roll call here. Tommy, please let me know or post up any member additions/changes.

1. tommy = C230
2. nukiblazi = C230
3. c32-driver(*) = C32 AMG
4. S55inPA = BMW M5
5. RBrenton88 = ?

(*) indicates member unsure of coming to the meet
Old 03-27-2004, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Viktorious - ML320
Old 03-27-2004, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 AMG
Hey, wouldn't it be cool if I actually show up one of these times? I now know better than to commit to an event more than the day before. In any case, I'm aware of the meet and am indicating my intention to attend. Woodbridge, NJ at the mall. My wife left with a freind on a weekend trip to Detriot, so she owes me at least a day ! Hopefully I'll be there.....will keep you posted as it gets closer.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Almost a Member!

1998 Lexus GS400
Originally posted by Viktorious
Viktorious - ML320
Hey Victorious, did you sell your CLK?? I used to like that car, I liked the wheel/tire combo on her. What happened?
Old 03-28-2004, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Still got her, putting some HRE's on her soon, 546R's, already have the DTM kit on it from Lorinser, possibly selling the ML for an IS300...
Old 03-28-2004, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350
I'd like to make it. I'll know for sure as we get closer to the date.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: * Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) *