S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Keyless Go and Nav Failed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 AMG
Keyless Go and Nav Failed!!!!

Keyless Go and the navigation system have both gone to crap in my 04 S55.
A few days ago I got locked out of the car in the freezing cold becasue I could not get in my car. Even worse once I got in, it would not even start. It took me half an hour to get in to the car, and this is the last straw, the car is going back. If anybody knows of similiar problems in the maybach please let me know before I make another bad decision.

P.S. I know the car is great I drove it for 9000 miles, but for the money this many problems,which have never been fixed, is just plain wrong.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:37 PM

05 CLK 320
you are a student and you drive a S55 AMG not bad but a student driving a Maybach does not make sense, you should be thinking of an SLR?

Did you not have your IR key with you or that also did not work.

Last edited by cracker123; 11-10-2004 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:55 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by S55AMG
A few days ago I got locked out of the car in the freezing cold becasue I could not get in my car. Even worse once I got in, it would not even start. It took me half an hour to get in to the car, and this is the last straw, the car is going back. If anybody knows of similiar problems in the maybach please let me know before I make another bad decision.

P.S. I know the car is great I drove it for 9000 miles, but for the money this many problems,which have never been fixed, is just plain wrong.
OMG can i have it!! i only have a Mazda 323
Old 11-13-2004, 06:50 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by S55AMG

You havent really described the problem but I would be inclined to suspect that your ignition switch is a dud ..... not having the benefit of any other information.

Without a good ignition switch the KG and canbus both fail -> nav and entry

This is only hypothetical ........ but if you consider the central role of this one component then it does fit the problem.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 S55 AMG
Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip MIROJ, I will ckeck into the ignition switch. As for having the IR key, cracker123, it was in my pocket as it usually is.

But, I still love the AMG cars.