CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

** Evosport 63-Series Development Progress **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
** Evosport 63-Series Development Progress **

Hey all, although we have been working on 63 development for quite some time, we had not formally announced anything. We wanted to take this chance to give a glimpse into what we are doing, and what we will have available for your 63-series AMG.

We have been doing the majority of our development on a CLK63 Black Series. Have a car here and we're designing and building a number of great upgrades for the vehicle specifically as well as many items that will carry over to other 63-series models. Will use this thread to keep everyone posted. Some of the items being worked on as we speak are:
  • Stainless long-tube performance headers + hi-flow cats
  • Stainless x-pipe resonator replacement
  • Compound brake rotors (front/rear) + upgraded pads
  • evosport dampened crankshaft and accessory pulley kit
  • Custom software
  • Aero Package (front carbon lower diffuser, rear carbon DTM-style wing)
  • Track Package (billet lower rear adj. control arm, camber plates, track spring setup)

HEADERS
T304 stainless steel, tig-welded, tri-y design, high velocity merge collector, pulse tuned, port matched, sleeved design. The final product will have a lifetime guaranteed high polish coating.

Below are pics of the prototype unit...more to follow...

Here is the header compared to the 63 Black OE log manifold

compared to:

BRAKES
To start, we will offer multi-piece rear rotor (factory is solid) for the front and rear to match the front. Similar to what we offer now for the 55 AMG's (see below). Later we will offer a carbon ceramic rotor replacement option.

PULLEY
We will be offering the same industry leading technology found in our 55k pulley system for the 63-series cars.

(image of a 55k system for reference

SOFTWARE
Starting with the a basic ECU tune to a custom tune for the pulley and/or long tube header and cats. Done in house with Powerchip. Every evosport power package is tuned using our in house dyno and engineering in partnership with Powerchip exclusively.

AERO
We are developing our own splitter and rear trunk and/or wing for the CLK and CLK Black. With enough demand, we will also be offering this for other 63-series models. These will be out of high quality carbon fiber

TRACK SUSPENSION
All suspension pieces are being designed and produced in-house by our engineering team. The combined team has over 80 year racing experience from Indy Car to F1 to World Challenge and ALMS.

You can see more info on our racing team and program HERE and HERE

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Founder

Here are some updates as we wrap up the first development cycle.

Here are some X-pipe pics.

We have the option of Metallic Cats and Hi-Flow resonators for anyone if they are requested, FYI.

Here is a teaser vid with the exhaust (This is with the long tube headers, x-pipe, no cats and OE mufflers):

8MB video - FYI.

here is a much smaller version (the sound is the same, but the video quality is poor to keep it small):

thanks
brad
Old 02-21-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Founder

We also did a bolt-in Roll Bar for the CLK63 Black. This will fit any w209 CLK. For the track or for the show circuit, this came out very trick

Below are pics of the car and of the bolt-in rollbar we've designed (available now) specific to this vehicle. Tig-welded 4130 Chromoly, tight fit, bolt-in, very clean install...available painted or powder coated in any color or wrapped in leather or alcantara. Will post more pics soon...

Here are some pics powder coated before being wrapped in factory match leather (this can be powder coated to match your car or to your color choice if you do not want to wrap it):

Here are some pics of the leather wrap option on the roll bar:

We used the steering wheel to match the pattern, texture and stitching.

BTW, the weight of the bar wrapped is only 42lbs, not too bad!

Thanks
Brad
Old 02-21-2008, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Founder

Here are pics of the completed roll-bar installed in the car...

Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Founder

Some updates.

Exhaust:
- We did add our high performance resonators, the rasp and harshness is gone. it sounds amazing!

Dyno:
- We have finished the first night/round of tuning. Pretty happy with the results so far! +66 RWHP and +47 RWT for the header, exhaust and software (of course done with our tuning partner Powerchip)!

Here is a quick vid on the rollers:

Aero:
We have completed the front and the rear bits (with big thanks to our aero partner Vorsteiner who came through once again by accomplishing the impossible with far less time then reasonable):

* You can click on the images for more pics *

* You can click on the images for more pics *

The Carbon weave on the front and rear matches OE almost perfect. These are pre-clear coat, which is happening now. It is really hard to see the CF on the rear due to the lighting, but it is full CF.

More to come........

Thanks
Brad
Old 02-22-2008, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
wow, nearly 70 hp from headers and exhaust! can you talk about the pulley a little? How will this "add" hp? Also was the dyno done with the lighter wheels?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Founder

We are not ready to talk about the pulley yet.

The dyno's were done with the same wheels and tires. Nothing was changed except the headers, X-pipe and software.

thanks
brad
Old 02-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Simon,

I assumed that the trunk spoiler will also fit all W209 trunk, right? How much are we looking at the price here for the DMT carbon spoiler? I know that the factory Clk BS trunk spoiler is retail for around $600. I definitely will switch out my trunk spoiler from the CLK BS for when I get my carbon fiber front bumper lip spoiler.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:45 AM

CLK 55
this car is f'kin AMAZING...the craftsmanship n detail is out of control...wow...very nice...
Old 02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
I assumed that the trunk spoiler will also fit all W209 trunk, right? How much are we looking at the price here for the DMT carbon spoiler? I know that the factory Clk BS trunk spoiler is retail for around $600. I definitely will switch out my trunk spoiler from the CLK BS for when I get my carbon fiber front bumper lip spoiler.
Yes, the trunk spoiler will fit any W209 coupe chassis. I am surprised that the retail on the OE spoiler is that low, are you sure that is correct? If so, that is a great price. The problem we found was that (1) our customer wanted something more functional at high speed and on track (where the car was exhibiting "lightness" in the rear) and (2) he wanted something more aggressive like the street DTM car without using a wing.

What is "DMT"?

Originally Posted by DBLNICKL
this car is f'kin AMAZING...the craftsmanship n detail is out of control...wow...very nice...
Thank you very much!

Thanks
brad
Old 02-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by otoupalik
I am surprised that the retail on the OE spoiler is that low, are you sure that is correct? What is "DMT"?

Thank you very much!

Thanks
brad

I too was very surprised by what Hoen Mercedes in Carlsbad quote me the BS spoiler. I even give them the VIN of a CLK BS just in case they don't quote me the wrong spoiler. I personally like your version much better. Can one order it without carbon fiber? I'm think about having it paint to match my car color for mine Clk 500 Cabriolet. Scratch "DMT", what I really meant was, "DTM" referring to the older Clk DTM.

Brad,

Can you drop me an e-mail price quote for the quad exhaust AMG tip for my Clk? Btw, I already have the AMG tips (4). Maybe I would do it as a packages (quad tips and spoiler) if the price is right. Thanks.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 02-27-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:17 PM

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2002 CLK55
all i have to say is WOW

u guyz get a big
Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Founder

I too was very surprised by what Hoen Mercedes in Carlsbad quote me the BS spoiler. I even give them the VIN of a CLK BS just in case they don't quote me the wrong spoiler. I personally like your version much better. Can one order it without carbon fiber? I'm think about having it paint to match my car color for mine Clk 500 Cabriolet. Scratch "DMT", what I really meant was, "DTM" referring to the older Clk DTM.

Brad,

Can you drop me an e-mail price quote for the quad exhaust AMG tip for my Clk? Btw, I already have the AMG tips (4). Maybe I would do it as a packages (quad tips and spoiler) if the price is right. Thanks.
That is crazy. Snap one up at that price before they figure out it must be wrong. We have a DTM wing coming in from MBZ in Germany and it is not even close to that price.

Lynn - I think Dale spoke with you on the exhaust?

Originally Posted by Quant
all i have to say is WOW

u guyz get a big
Thanks!

And now..... final dyno numbers as delivered:

There is more to be had on the top end, but we ran out of time. The next one we will get some more!!!!!!

Here is the car hitting 200 on the dyno - YOUTUBE LINK 1 and YOUTUBE LINK 2

Thanks for all that followed this build!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned

God damn !!! Check out those number, you guys are good !! Wow..........so the performance mods pretty much can apply to all 63 engine.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Founder

thanks!

Yes, most will apply across the 63 range of vehicles.

thanks
Brad
Old 03-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Banned

Brad,

I would like to know if I can special order the BS trunk lip spoiler without tha carbon fiber? I want to paint it instead. Please drop me an e-mail for price at ldnguyen1970@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Linh
Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Brad,

I would like to know if I can special order the BS trunk lip spoiler without tha carbon fiber? I want to paint it instead. Please drop me an e-mail for price at ldnguyen1970@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Linh
Linh, if your dealer can get you one for $600, buy it and have it painted... you can paint over CF you know...

Brad, phenomenal work on the CLK63BS so far - especially like the rollbar (apparently you guys do too - you posted about 100 pics of it, lol)
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Linh, if your dealer can get you one for $600, buy it and have it painted... you can paint over CF you know...

But the factory BS spoiler is not the same at the Evosport version. I personally like the Evosport version much better. Dale already told me that he can't get it for me without the carbon fiber.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:30 AM

02' brabus modified ML500,05' Lambor Gallardo, 02' CLK
I just wonder : do they make this style of spoiler for the W208??? I would LOVE to have one. I've been searching for this spoiler but couldn't find anywhere