C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

iForged Liars: Don't Do Biz With Them.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iForged Liars: Don't Do Biz With Them.

I bought iForged rims in winter of 2003 and man were they sweet. 19's Flux brushed. I was rolling on them until August of 04. I curbed one of them as I was pulling out of a parking space. I tried to have someone here on the east coast fix em but since they were two piece and welded together, this shop wasn't able to repair it. So I decided to have iForged all the way in California fix it. I call up Vincent Wong and he said sure, we'll fix it. He said we'll probably have to re-hoop the wheel and get it to you by three to six weeks. I'm like okay, whatever it takes. I call back a two weeks later, hoping the progress has started. Nope, Vincent says, oh.. we have SEMA at Vegas or something and yeah, we're too busy to fix your wheel, we probably can't do it until after its complete so your looking at another 3-6 weeks. Again my attitude was alright whatever it takes. I was patient, Vincent knew and he took advantage of that. So I call back a month later and he says oh the wheel is at the finisher. (They outsource all there finishing or so he says, probably a f*ing lie). I'm like word, my wheel is almost done, NOT. BIG FAT NOT. I call back two or three weeks later and guess what, Vincent says the finisher lost the wheel and they have to find it. Ooops. Since I couldn't do anything about it at that point, I figure I'd have to wait. So I call him back again like a week later to see if they found it. Nope. I give him ring the next week. Nope. Finally he says, we'll make you a new wheel no charge. It'll take "a couple of weeks". I ask him don't you guys have a new process for making wheels which takes half the normal time, he says yup it a ceramic coating process. Fine. Make me the new wheel and get it to me. Three weeks pass and I call him, nope not done. Then another two weeks pass and finally for the first time ever he calls me and say, oh we found your wheel from the finishers and we will ship the wheel to you ASAP and for your troubles we will give you a check for 150. At this point I'm celebrating. After 11 months of waiting I'll get my wheel.

I get my wheel last friday and guess what... My frustration, time and money has been wasted as Vincent Wong has wasted an entire year for what? NOTHING. The wheel is in the same condition as I sent it to him. Do you believe that?

That lying son of a b*TCh VINCENT WONG has wasted my F*ing time. You F*ing ***** of an 8hole. Read this Vincent, Your a f*ing low life piece of Sh.

I called him the next biz day which was yesterday. He says he told me it wasn't fix when he called me. Liar. I'm like then give me a hook up on the wheel you put into production six weeks ago. He's like oh well since we made a set of three to complete the set, it going to be hard to sell it to you. I'm like well use your brain and make another new one for that set and give me the one that is finished. He gave me a price of 699 for one wheel, which is considered wholesale price. Yeah right. I only paid 2400 for a set of four rims mind you that the rear rims are bigger. 699 times for nearly 2800. I said well if i bought that one you had, when can you ship it to me? Vincent says a couple of a week because the new ceramic process is actually a longer process? (You damn liar. you told me the process was faster) What kind of a business converts its operations so that a part of the process takes longer? Huh? I could understand if the process made a superior finish then maybe. But thats another topic. The point is kids, Vincent Wong is a LIAR, Deceiving, female dog. Come on. With this kind of service and irresponsibility. I hope iForged bankrupts and goes down in hell.

Sorry for the long *** story. I just had to vent.

Never mind weeks, it took months for them to do nothing to a wheel.

I hear all you people complaining about dpe and iforged taking like 13 weeks. Well do you feel better now?

And for the people who were considering get iforged,... Better take your business elsewhere, some place that actually appreciates their customers.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
i dont feel like reading all that, but judging by the title it sounds like nothing new for many Iforged customers.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
i dont feel like reading all that, but judging by the title it sounds like nothing new for many Iforged customers.
WOW i feel your pain bro. 11 months and nothing? That is just bad business ethics. Ive heard a lot of bad things about iforged thats why i wanted DPE!! Will these complaints hurt their sale? Maybe and maybe not.

As a supplier to the public,please dont make us wait 11 months for our products. Usually customer that want to spend all this money on their cars are true enthusiast. And true enthusiast have little to no patient when it comes to wheels and things like this. I know i was anxious as hell when i got my wheels. I made an appointment to put them on at a shop at 9am. I was there with all my wheels at 8:30am.

Mr wong, Take care of your people. I am a fellow wong myself.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I had a similar situation with IForged...they actually sent me 2 different rear widths on a set I bought for my M5. I don't know how these guys are still in business...they're ****ing idiots.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:22 PM

Black 05 C55 AMG, White 04 325ci (SOLD)
damn... i know how that feels.. sorry to hear iforged or the "wong" did that.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:47 PM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
DHan,

Do you always park your car on harvard ave?

Derrick
Old 06-22-2005, 12:57 AM

Huh, another person to add to the long line of dissatisfied iForge customers, those pple who got great sets of wheels must be really relieved and feeling farkin lucky right about now~!

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2005, 02:09 AM

Black 05 C55 AMG, White 04 325ci (SOLD)
Originally Posted by derrick_lui
DHan,

Do you always park your car on harvard ave?

Derrick
yes i do park my car on harvard ave very often. i saw your car once on harvard ave about 2 months ago??? i heard you know jason, the one who drives clk55. we went to same college.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:09 AM

SL55 Widebody
I am sorry but there are many parts of your story that are simply untrue. We have also paid you money to fix your rim for free at a location of your choosing. I spoke to your brother as well yesterday regarding the matter. If you have any more questions or concerns don't hestitate to call me or email me. I am not here to argue with you I just want your situation solved.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:14 AM

Cyan 740i-
you guys are clowns...I don't know what the hell your doing building wheels....I'd prefer to spend 5 times the price and get HRE's.

You built me a set of wheels for a 2001 M5 one time and the rears were DIFFERENT widths and offsets...then when you sent me a replacement after several months you didn't even send the lip polished...I had to spend more time and money fixing your ****ty *** wheels!!!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 AM

SL55 Widebody
Originally Posted by MBCLK60
Cyan 740i-
you guys are clowns...I don't know what the hell your doing building wheels....I'd prefer to spend 5 times the price and get HRE's.

You built me a set of wheels for a 2001 M5 one time and the rears were DIFFERENT widths and offsets...then when you sent me a replacement after several months you didn't even send the lip polished...I had to spend more time and money fixing your ****ty *** wheels!!!
I am sorry if that happened. Could you please email me at vwong@iforged.com your contact info, serial # of the wheels, and what dealer you placed the order with.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:06 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
I've heard many of times from wheel shops that when they handle Iforged and DPE wheels while balance and mounting tires is that the quality of these wheels are so sh*ty....even one shop said that for the $$ you pay he would never reccommend them, but he still has to offer them if a customer request them....his shop are getting into making their own line of wheels so he can attest if the quality sucks or not(relative to price) when handling the wheels....the difference in quality is obvious when you compare, say, an HRE and a IForged/DPE side by side....pay the extra cash for the peace of mind...why nickel and dime when you're almost spending a pretty penny to get the Iforged/DPE already....Iforged/DPE may have gotten in on HRE's wheel-making process and attempted to duplicate it, but it's never gonna be on par w/ HRE if they continue to cut corners so that they can slash their prices to gain sales....I think it all comes down to when comparing those wheels to HRE...now if they were compared to say Maya, TSW's...etc respectively, then I don't think it'd be such an issue, cuz the expectations wouldn't be set so high.....
Old 06-22-2005, 02:21 PM

Don't forget my buddy with the 540 that landed in the hospital with a broken arm, leg, concussion, whiplash etc from a defective rear iForge rim center that had completely flew off the barrel due to faulty rivets~! Poor guy is still in rehab recovering from his injuries.

Old 06-22-2005, 03:44 PM

vwong....
too little, too late. You weren't so helpful back then so why are you so concerned now? Perhaps b/c you see how bad of a reputation you have out here....believe me....it's just a matter of time for you and "iForgery"

Your loss...I have 7 vehicles and 5 of them have HRE wheels on them and anytime I can discourage a potential buyer away from you and your product I do...happily.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Imho

Ok...so here is my take on the whole iForged thing. I thought before now that many shared this view, but reading through all of these posts...perhaps I have always been alone on this.

I have always viewed the hassles, headaches, and war stories as being part of the nostalgia and prstige in owning set. I mean lets think about it. They are over priced. They never come right the first time and are often damaged. The people are horrible to deal with and often times difficult to contact. BUT....when you finally get them and they are right....YOU have an absolutley gorgeous set of wheels that 90 percent of custom car enthusiests would never have the nuts to even attempt to purchase. The never ending attention you get from simply owning the wheels should be well worth the trouble of getting them. Anyone can buy a set of HRE's or Lowenharts or Brabus wheels, but it takes a dedicated and ruthless individual to acquire a flawless set of iForged wheels.

Am I alone in this way of thinking?

Old 06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
off topic, vincent your carrera is badass!
Old 06-22-2005, 04:42 PM

I was part of a purchase of 12 iforged wheels for supras. One got lost in shipment, and I had to stay on Vince, but he got me another wheel. He has always been very helpful, but very busy too. They are working on a ton of other projects that are not retail market related. I'm not defending him here, and I don't know the situation, but I really did like the quality of the wheels. (And I am a road racer, so I have high expectations for wheels I mount Hoosiers on)

I think Iforged has many more happy customers than unhappy ones. Just for some reason unhappy stories are pretty ugly...

Interestingly, HRE is NOT a standard I would be holding every other wheel to. They may look nice, but they aren't reliable. The Viper racing series has outlawed the use of HRE's because so many of them have failed during competition. I believe SCCA is about to say the same. If you want a standard, look to Fikse. They don't have the bling of an HRE, but are quite nice.

Matt
Old 06-22-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cyan 740i
I am sorry but there are many parts of your story that are simply untrue. We have also paid you money to fix your rim for free at a location of your choosing. I spoke to your brother as well yesterday regarding the matter. If you have any more questions or concerns don't hestitate to call me or email me. I am not here to argue with you I just want your situation solved.
I don't even need to restate my point. You messed up Vince, case closed. You know my story is fact for fact, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this anyways.

Like I said earlier...

..to clear things up. The day he told me he found my wheel, he specifically deceived me by saying, "we found your wheel at the finishers and we'll ship it back ASAP, and by the way, we will also send you a check for 150 for your troubles." At that point I'm like great, a finished wheel and some money. What he forgot to mention was that the check was for me to find someone else to fix it. (AFTER ELEVEN MONTHS!!!)

I'd rather have my repaired rim 7 to 10 months AGO rather than a check for 150. If I needed money, I'd go to a friggin ATM.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
my opinion is if your to busy then you need to hire more people. It's not like these rims are cheap. If Vince can't handle the work load, then they need to hire someone who can. You need to continue the relationship after the sale and resolve the problem the first time.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:44 PM

[QUOTE=Brunelleschi]Ok...so here is my take on the whole iForged thing. I thought before now that many shared this view, but reading through all of these posts...perhaps I have always been alone on this.

I have always viewed the hassles, headaches, and war stories as being part of the nostalgia and prstige in owning set. I mean lets think about it. They are over priced. They never come right the first time and are often damaged. The people are horrible to deal with and often times difficult to contact. BUT....when you finally get them and they are right....YOU have an absolutley gorgeous set of wheels that 90 percent of custom car enthusiests would never have the nuts to even attempt to purchase. The never ending attention you get from simply owning the wheels should be well worth the trouble of getting them. Anyone can buy a set of HRE's or Lowenharts or Brabus wheels, but it takes a dedicated and ruthless individual to acquire a flawless set of iForged wheels.

You are DEFINETLY alone in this way of thinking!!!
Old 06-22-2005, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by MBCLK60
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
Ok...so here is my take on the whole iForged thing. I thought before now that many shared this view, but reading through all of these posts...perhaps I have always been alone on this.

You are DEFINETLY alone in this way of thinking!!!

This same logic could be applied to the many joys of owning a French car...
Old 06-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Originally Posted by naadp
This same logic could be applied to the many joys of owning a French car...
The man has a point
Old 06-22-2005, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
BRABUS or BAN
Old 06-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi

in stupid people terms, you are pretty much saying spend a ****load of money and just pray it comes right since most people are not happy? when u can spend more and have a little peice of mind?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
in stupid people terms, you are pretty much saying spend a ****load of money and just pray it comes right since most people are not happy? when u can spend more and have a little peice of mind?
Hey, to each his own. In the meantime I am just going to cruise around on my 19" ADR's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iForged Liars: Don't Do Biz With Them.