Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

So-Cal Meet/PCH Cruise/ June 11th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
John,

I think the Malibu part of the meet is going to be a problem! I went for a beautiful drive to Malibu on Sunday and ate dinner at Gladstones. There is not going to be enough parking there or anywhere in the vicinity. Malibu is a small town and if the turn out is big, I don't know where we could park? You guys might just have to turn around without stopping unless someone knows of a large parking lot in Malibu?
Old 05-27-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by BENZGal
John,

I think the Malibu part of the meet is going to be a problem! I went for a beautiful drive to Malibu on Sunday and ate dinner at Gladstones. There is not going to be enough parking there or anywhere in the vicinity. Malibu is a small town and if the turn out is big, I don't know where we could park? You guys might just have to turn around without stopping unless someone knows of a large parking lot in Malibu?

Could have used that bit of information a tad sooner. No worries.

Ok, so roughly, how many vehicle do you believe Gladstones can hold?
Old 05-27-2005, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
There is a gas station across the street from gladstones that could probably hold 20 cars. Im more than sure gladstones can hold 100-150 cars, but thats with out counting customers already there.

I took this pic at the gas station by gladstones once

Old 05-27-2005, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by Lexani

Sorry guys! I didn't expect a turn out like this! I am going to Vegas this weekend or I would drive down and find a place for us.
Anyone heading that way this weekend?
Old 05-28-2005, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
i might be able too, maby on monday because i dont have any school.

but if the traffic is going to blow then i prob. wont.

ill let you know

mark
Old 05-28-2005, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Update needed.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:17 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Update needed.
exactly.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lexani

I thought you said you weren't stopping in Malibu, but in Huntington ??? This is so confusing
Old 05-30-2005, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lisamcgu
I thought you said you weren't stopping in Malibu, but in Huntington ??? This is so confusing

I should have made this clearer, ok... Gladstones, as it were, is our turn around point. Obviously we would have to wait for the slower vehicles to cath up, in that manner, we would need a parking lot of some sort to hold us all.

Hope that cleared that up.

And Fred-- and Chris at that--

Im busy. Its hard. Hahaha, j/k, but seriously, June is a hard month so far, if you did not know, I personally took on a few new projects involving my corp. AND Im in the middle of a relocation, AND I just so happen to be responsible for the meet. It gets a little hectic around here, plus this isn't the only site I have to update-- regardless, I agree, one is needed, I shall do one tomorrow for sure IF not sometime tonight. Also, Fred, Im working on those PMs Im going to send you, the reminder one, remember?

Just hang in there... if I pull everything right, Im going to amaze even myself. :p

Wishing us all luck for an awesome meet.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fred, Chris, you may now sleep tonight...

Just a heads up people, this is the final update. If more people sign up, I will take care of that in a manner I see fit, other than that this is it.

So, without further adue, ladies and gentlemen, let me get my knuckles cracked, keyboard cleaned, music going, and post up the final list:

1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. JAY55 aka Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03
6. bkmotor
7. more151please
8. Tbone55
9. Perzbenz
10. BenzGal
11. eLemnt | 0ne
12. SleeperZZZ
13. AndyAMG
14. FrankW
15. krk230
16. suzq044
17. r3v1ls
18. calboy
19. Fast55
20. Jack500
21. S-Clusiv
22. Mr. Vanos
23. onesandzeros
24. gqmagic
25. Andrew1316
26. Brav
27. ElDiabloJoe
28. RedMongoosE
29. Eleanor Owner
30. VelocitE55
31. RadSteve
32. C350er
33. RhinoLT
34. RhinoLTguest
35. Josh R
36. Mark
37. Josh K
38. LnkPrkSoldier
39. Sparissa
40. Adamvax
41. yayoe55amg

Bimmerforums members:

42. eTiger13
43. SoundOfSpeed
44. live2roll
45. GoodOlSappy
46. Icarus94
47. Infamous
48. Bimma Boi M3
49. 92 e30 cabrio
50. j3o2s8h
51. Mblaster

Ferrari-chat members:

52. TabascoWilliams
53. Ferrari Diva
54. Vroom!!!
55. Vroomguest!!!
56. markymark360F1
57. HRE_//M3 (FULLY Modded M3-- claims to whup some a$$ )
58. Viper10
59. Kennyyellow360
60. Kennyyellowguest1
61. Kennyyellowguest2
62. Kennyyellowguest3
63. PiNG
64. SPT
65. one6zero
66. Slurpee1216
67. Black355

SRT Fourm members:

68. Zero46
69. suzq044
70. NeonsRslow
71. jgunnar
72. WRXkllr
73. BaByVpR
74. Black01

Miscelleanously acquired:

75. GallardoLambo
76. SRT4Dodge
77. M3 BMW
78. M3 BMW 2
79. F430Fred
80. Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible
81. Fredbro
82. modded wrx
83. CitronGuest
84. MGT

And...

General Meet Info:

What: Benz and AMG Meet
When: June 11th Saturday
Where: Newport Beach at Fashion Island
& Macaroni Grill
Time: 11AM Till whenever!
Why: Lexani is bored. Yes its possible with two 600s.

Fashion Island
Pacific Coast Highway & Newport Center Drive
(949) 721-2000
http://www.shopfashionisland.com/

Macaroni Grill
(714) 901-4481
7901 Edinger Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92647 (for now)

And...

We are meeting, as it states above, at Fashion Island, CA and from there, traveling up to Malibu, CA where we shall meet at a restuarant called: Gladstones. We shall meet up with Benzgals group over there, stay a bit for pictures, chat, etc. and than make our way down to Huntington Beach, CA to dine at Macaroni Grill.

And...

Dining:

Its final. Macaroni Grill, down in Huntington Beach.

And...

Members who are signed up...

Please DO NOT FORGET! I have a feeling no matter how much Im going to stress this, quite a few people are going to forget-- please mark you're calendars, program you're cell phone to remind you, do what it takes. I don't like flakers... wich is kind of ironic... Sillyent, you had better come this time!-- Else !

And...

Heres our journey, step by step:

First off, if, during the cruise, you get lost from the pack or something happens, heres where the cruise to Malibu is taking us:

Gladstone's Malibu
17300 Pacific Coast Highway
Pasific Palisades, CA 90272

Remember it, write it down, get it stuck in you're head. We will wait at Gladstones until EACH and EVERY last member who showed up at Newport arrives. Now... on to specifics...

1. We meet up at Fashion Island, Newport Beach at 11. Please be prompt. We will take pictures, meet fellow members/enthusiasts and at exactly 12, not a moment later, the pack will start moving. That gives you slow pokes an hour to get there.

2. We get out of Fashion Island, and enter the PCH from: Newport Center Drive. We start cruising up PCH. Despite what I said earlier, and despite my deepest regrets, there will be nowhere on the PCH we can stop as check-points on the way to Malibu. I've searched (maybe I missed some), and came up with nothing that can hold the amount of vehicle we will be rolling with.

3. After passing Long Beach, CA we will go down around Rolling Hills, follwed by Rancho Palos Verdes, in turn taking us past Torrance and Redondo Beach.

4. After some more cruising, through Ignlewood and Culver city, we finally hit the REAL PCH, with nothing but beautiful skys and sparkingly blue water all the way down to Malibu's Gladstones.

5. Once we arrive at Malibu's Gladstones, I imagine we are going to assault the nearest gas station, before heading back. Anyhow, we will wait there for the slower people to catch-up, once more chatting and taking pictures, checking through some videos some of us might of filmed on the way up here, etc. All this should last until 3-4. If traffic is good on the PCH, if not, no biggie, we lose an hour or two, all good.

6. After 3:30-4, we will leave Malibu's Gladstones,
start out going South on Pacific Coast HWY/CA-1 toward Tahiti AVE. Continue to follow CA-1 S.

7. We will take the I-10 E, and after 3 miles ish, on the I-10 E, we merge into the I-405 S via exit 3B going towards Long Beach.

8. We exit at CA-39/Beach Blvd. and than take the ramp toward CA-39/Beach Bvld. Macaroni Grill will be in view from here.

9. The most important one:

HAVE FUN!

We will dine seperatly, as it'd be impossible to get seperate checks, and it'd be a big mix-up. However, small parties can be made, actually-- you may do as you please, just know the bigger you're party, the bigger the tip. I WILL not be making reservations, if you want one, place the call at you're own will. Im placing my reservations in advance, wise people will do the same. IF not, there WILL be a LONG line to wait in. Phone number is in the: General Info.

And...

NOTICE:

MAKE SURE YOU'RE VEHICLE HAD GAS AND EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER! IF YOU HAVE TO RE-FUEL HALF-WAY THERE, YOU'RE ON YOU'RE OWN!

And...

If you have some suggestions on the route I chose, or what not, feel free to PM, Im more than willing to change it for the best.

And...

Perzbenz, what in the hell are you doing at the Ferrari forums? :p

And...

Fred,

Check you're PMs, I sent you the reminder to... remind the members, dont forget either-- no Lambos/Ferrari, its you're rich ****.

And...

Also, once again-- this is NOT a race to see who can get where faster, we are crusing. Does this mean I wont be punchin it? No, but I will not condone it ( ), lets try and keep this as safe as possible. A thought, even I, should re-read and follow through with.

And...

Lets not forget, dont come to the meet if you have anger problems or a score to settle with some other member. This isn't a Fight Club. Please leave you're attitudes, "beefs", problems at home. If you cant, dont bother showing up. Thank you for you're cooperation.

And...

Also, due to reasons left blank, I shall not have internet access for the next week or two, this means I will be slow in getting to everyones responces as I will have to do it at an Internet Cafe or something, bear with me. Thanks.

And...

Finally, once again, thank you to everyone who is making this meet a reality. None of this would be possible without everyones help! Hope to see everyone there! Chris Fred You two happy? :p Just messing around, now, lets pray for an awesome meet/turnout. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Best Regards,
John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: So-Cal Meet/PCH Cruise/ June 11th