Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Georgia roll-call

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 C280
Georgia roll-call

Hello,

I noticed that from all the mercedes forums that exist, this is probably the only one that has the most Georgians.

I was thinking about organizing a Georiga meeting, mabye around Mall of Georgia, or a landmark that is known, and then mabye going for a drive around Helen! is anybody interested..let me know...

If nothing else, at least to get to know other fellow benzsporters.

Elvir
Old 08-11-2003, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
I'm interested. Let us know when and where
Old 08-14-2003, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am up for it. Chappy have you stayed in touch with the rest of the crew from the last get together?

We should have even better luck this time...

What is the most you would pay for a full private day on the track at Road Atlanta?

Schiznick
Old 08-14-2003, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally posted by NewBlack55
I am up for it. Chappy have you stayed in touch with the rest of the crew from the last get together?

What is the most you would pay for a full private day on the track at Road Atlanta?

Schiznick
Damn I wish I was in Georgia! One of my favorite tracks along with Laguna Seca and Road America. Thunder Hill and Willow Springs in California charge only 4-5K for the whole day. We have split it with some local BMW and other car clubs to get teh cost as low as $100 each car! 40-50 cars sounds like a lot but we put about 10 on the track at a time and only for 30 minutes. This gives us time to cool off and watch the in car videos!

Make sure you post pics and vids after the event!
Old 08-15-2003, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally posted by NewBlack55

Schiznick

I have e-mailed some of the folks about a BMW drive on August 24th. Plus, I am making plans to do the Space Coast Beach Party at the end of September (MB dealer sponsored) down on Satellite Beach....will satisfy my ROAD-TRIP-ITIS

As far as the track is concerned, I'd go up to $250.....keeping in mind that I'd also have to budget tires and brakes as well (The AMG Challenge ends up being less $$$ taking all into account!!)

How much does Road Atlanta charge these days for a private track day?

Last edited by Chappy; 08-15-2003 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Wuzup dawgs?! I will be in Atlanta on business for the next couple weeks so let me know if you guys are going to get together anytime soon. I won't have my Benz of course but would like to come and kick it if that's cool...Late...J
Old 08-18-2003, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Jimmy,

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything planned while you're in town.

Where are you staying? Maybe we could have a cold one if our schedules permit. Got any pics of your E420?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Chappy,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late response. I had to drive down to Charlotte, NC. for a couple of days but now I'm back. I am staying near Piedmont and Peachtree in/near Buckhead (nice party town). My schedule differs everyday so what's your like? I don't know if you're near me but let me know. Here is one of the latest pics. of my ride. Later...
Attached Thumbnails Georgia roll-call-new-lr-side.jpg  
Old 08-25-2003, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Tonight is really the only night this week I have open. My office is in Roswell (north on GA 400). If you want to try for dinner/beers tonight, PM me a contact number and we can talk
Old 08-25-2003, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Chappy
Tonight is really the only night this week I have open. My office is in Roswell (north on GA 400). If you want to try for dinner/beers tonight, PM me a contact number and we can talk
Thanks for getting back so quickly Chappy but tonight is bad for me as I just got a call about some clients coming in to town that I have to meet with. I have also just been told that I get to go home this weekend but will have to be back for a week or two on the 8th of next month. Maybe we'll try again then or hopefully you guys have a meet or something planned by then. Anyway, I'll try to stay in touch. I'll PM you my number.