Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

03 C32 v/s WRX with ENORMOUS exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Turbo Stage 4, Cayenne S ... gone C43, C32, ML55 & Ducati 999.
Cool 03 C32 v/s WRX with ENORMOUS exhaust

Well,
this is my first kill with my new C32.
I was with a friend in Speer Blvr., and a kid in a new WRX blue with mod, the only that I have faith the enormous exhaust. The kid looked me and started to make petulant expressive movement trying to say "wow, you car is "fast", I'm so afraid".
I knew that this would be my first race with my new C32 and experience was not at the firth place, so I use the same procedure that I used in my appreciate old C43 after the third stop light, time that I had lost my patience.
I put the C32 in firth, and I push the brake pedal with the left and accelerate until 1,300 RPM. When, the light turn green both car where really even in firth, and the Kid really knew how to shift, but when the C32 hit the 6,220 RPM and change to second, WOW…. I had time even to show my face and my hand moving in the window saying Good bye, Good bye, Good bye. Easy two cars, and when the C32 change to third, easy three cars, stopping at this point, and the kid escape without wanting to see my face again.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
That's awesome, good kill Pierre .
Old 08-23-2002, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
the only reason he stuck with you is cause he has AWD. I would like to see a C230 and a WRX race from 20-100. That takes the AWD out of play. I think that would be close.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:45 AM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Pierre,

Great kill, I'm still waiting to race a WRX. So how do you like your new C32? Do you think it's a great improvement over your modded C43? Do you still have your C43? I assume you are not going to put in those headers that you talked about before now that you have the C32.

Baron
Old 08-23-2002, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally posted by TimmyC230boy
the only reason he stuck with you is cause he has AWD. I would like to see a C230 and a WRX race from 20-100. That takes the AWD out of play. I think that would be close.

Are you seriouse? A WRX would toast the C230... They would not be close at all.

The WRX is a good car. Considering it's 24k sticker, I'de buy one if in the market.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Yeah, I'm serious. Its only a 35hp difference. I think from 30-110 would be a great race. I'm not debating thatthe WRX will kill the coupe to 60. But its because of the AWD.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:29 PM

Porsche Turbo Stage 4, Cayenne S ... gone C43, C32, ML55 & Ducati 999.
Originally posted by baron
Pierre,

Great kill, I'm still waiting to race a WRX. So how do you like your new C32? Do you think it's a great improvement over your modded C43? Do you still have your C43? I assume you are not going to put in those headers that you talked about before now that you have the C32.

Baron
Baron, the C43 is gone.
The C32 has a bigger room, especially in the back. The position of drive is different, much more sportive. At high speed the room is more isolate, you really do not feel de speed. The moon roof is bigger too. Has memory in the chair. Has Auto light, and Bi-xenon that look incredible in a black car. I have navigation, which the C43 hasn't. C32 is more comfortable for me although has not the lumbar and special pneumatic seats. The shifting is quicker, and the AMG Speedshift gives to me more control, and sportiveness. The breaks felling is right tuned now, as well as the ESP, that after a week a have the feeling that the car is a good improvement all the way around over the C43.
More thinks, I miss the V8 sound but the C32 is really has his own sound that is cool, and I love when the supercharger start to awake, I feel authority, as my Fiat Turbo that I have in South America, Chile.
For the altitude, remember that I'm here at Denver, the SC make to feel the C32 more responsive or with quicker response than the C43, although I had the K&N, and the H&S.
Besides, the suspension for me feels more sophisticated, balanced, better done, expensive, and so on. Moreover, I feel safer in this car due of the new steering system.
Finally, I'm happy with the C32 for other important fact. Originally as you know I was thinking to Kleematize my C43, which this means 0.5 Bar in a 4.3 cc that equals 6.45 cc, so far using a simple rule of Thumb. The C32 is a 1 Bar in a 3.2 cc that equals 6.4cc, almost the same cc that the C43K, within the additional fact before mentioned, as well as warranty, o miles.
I hope it helps Baron

Bye

Old 08-24-2002, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Yeah, I'm serious. Its only a 35hp difference. I think from 30-110 would be a great race. I'm not debating thatthe WRX will kill the coupe to 60. But its because of the AWD.

35HP is a big difference. The WRX could take the c230 coupe to 60, and most likely past 60. We are talking about that hatchback, right?
Old 08-25-2002, 09:43 AM

Nice kill, Pierre.
I'd say "Out of common sense" for kids driving a stock turbo
car and dare them to race an AMG.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Great kill Pierre32, I hope is not the last one you share with us. All wheel drive vehicles can take off quick, but you have a C32! hehe :p
Old 08-26-2002, 11:43 AM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Pierre,

Thanks for your comparison. I haven't found any posts in which someone compared a C43 to a C32. However, it does seem that the Kleemann SC is more efficient than the AMG unit. Good luck with your new purchase and enjoy your new ride.

Baron
Old 08-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by baron
Pierre,

Thanks for your comparison. I haven't found any posts in which someone compared a C43 to a C32. However, it does seem that the Kleemann SC is more efficient than the AMG unit. Good luck with your new purchase and enjoy your new ride.

Baron
Well it is more efficient, but it is an aftermarket product, your car is going to keep its resale value more with out aftermarket mods
Old 09-07-2002, 03:20 PM

'02 WRX
I live in Denver and I'll race you. I'm still on the stock turbo. Since you have like 100 more hp than me, I'm sure you'll win, but I'd like to see how close it is. BTW, careful which WRX you race here in Denver. There are several here in town that would tear you apart.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:46 PM

So you're bragging about beating a little japanese car that cost less than half what your AMG did? LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Y'all are hilarious. Half of you are like "great kill" like he just took down a Ferrari or something and the other half are calling BS.

You even said it was some stupid kid who probably didn't know how to drive. My favorite part is the "third light" part where you finally knuckled down 'cause he was waxing you on the first two! Of course it was only your "FIRTH" race.

What's this 35 horse business? According to everything I read the C32 AMG has 350 horse! That's 120 more than the Subaru.

I like the "he only kept up 'cause he had AWD" comments. Like it's just something you could put on your car. Keep wishing. AWD helps on the initial launch only. And actually the WRX doesn't launch very well because of a too-tall 1st gear. After that AWD slows you down 'cause of a lot more drivetrain losses. I'd love to see him put a block on you before you even crossed the intersection in the snow. Or even the rain for that matter.

How 'bout this equation:

1 WRX ($24,000) + 1 Home Depot Boost Controller ($25) = 1 Smoked AMG (I dunno - like $60,000?)

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Last edited by RexDude27; 09-07-2002 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
REX: umm lets see, the coupes 192hp-wrx 227hp = 35hp. If you would have read the post completely you would have noticed that. DA-HUH GOOBER!
Also I have yet to see a wrx beat a C32. What kind of boost controller are you talking about making? IF it adds the 120ish hp you said how far will your car run? Do you have a C32, or WRX. Do you even have a Benz? Why are you here, TROLL maybe?
Old 09-08-2002, 12:54 PM

I hate to tell you this but I live in Colorado Springs, personally know Brandon with Kleemans USA and this summer we went down to PMI. He had a supercharged 430, and the supercharged 550 SUV. I had my WRX... now granted mine is pretty far from stock but I beat ALL his cars by quite a bit. I was honestly disappointed with them since I had driven in them and they feel FAST and VERY SMOOTH!! I was hoping it would be a bit closer but oh well.

The supercharged 430 was the closest with his best run being a 14.0@10x against my 13.4@101. But you have to remember he was only boosting about 4-5psi instead of the 0.5bar ~ 7psi (atmospheric losses). Then the 550 SUV best was a 14.5@9x-10x(?) I think it was... can't quite remember the trap speed.

One thing you have to remember about altitude is supercharged cars pretty much act like NA cars at altitude in terms of power loss since the supercharger is only feeding air into the engine at a fixed rate (belt-driven). Which means that with the thinner air up here you lose about 2-3psi of boost if you keep the stock size pulley. So if the AMG is pushing 1 bar = 14.7psi then you are REALLY only boosting about 12psi or so.

But anyway I have nothing but respect for Mercedes... they are just not my cup of tea at the moment ... I am young and have no "need" for all that nice luxory [heh]. I will take some nice neck-whipping turbo torque for now.

Cheers
Old 09-08-2002, 10:22 PM

'02 WRX
The MBC (manual boost controller) he's talking about is basically just a valve you can make yourself from parts picked up at home depot. What it does is take control of the turbo away from the stock ECU and puts control in your hands. Stock turbo under the stock ECU runs about 8psi in first gear. 2nd gear goes to about 14.5psi and settles back to about 10psi as the rpms climb. 3rd is the same, 4th and 5th both have pretty tall gearing and seem to be a little weaker. A Boost controller puts you at 15.5psi (in Colorado that's about where the stock turbo runs out of breath)all the time with very little drop off.

I want to race you to see how I fare.

BTW: If you add 120 horsepower to a WRX you don't stand a chance.

Last edited by wrxlvr; 09-09-2002 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:24 PM

Too Young To Drive
If you add 120HP to a Subaru, he might as well look for something to challenge against, not a C-Class. Perhaps he should find an tuned SL with 550HP or so.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by dNA3D
If you add 120HP to a Subaru, he might as well look for something to challenge against, not a C-Class. Perhaps he should find an tuned SL with 550HP or so.
Actually the 550 SUV was putting out around 550hp ... now graned that thing is a PIG when it comes to weight but . The CLK 430 was around 430 hp (both sea level numbers) and he only ran a high 13 up here at 5000ft. above sea level.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
Would you be interested in running a Stage3+ S4? He only makes around 450hp and 490lb/ft. He runs 11.9's in the quarter on pump gas. Just a thought.

All kiding aside. the subie is a great car, its fast and looks good. Its just not in the market for it.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:05 AM

'02 WRX
Agreed. I really like Mercedes, but I wanted something quick and AWD for the winter. This morning it was raining and I would've smoked most Mercedes, AMG or not. I think I've seen this guy driving once or twice and I stared at his car. Looks nice, pretty fast, and TOOOOO Expensive (for me at least)

Ps. I still want to race. Mine is a nearly stock car. (stock turbo and most of the exhaust still stock)
Old 09-10-2002, 11:53 AM

Would you be interested in running a Stage3+ S4? He only makes around 450hp and 490lb/ft. He runs 11.9's in the quarter on pump gas. Just a thought.

All kiding aside. the subie is a great car, its fast and looks good. Its just not in the market for it.
Actually I would really like to run the S4 as long as I get a ride afterwards [heh]. And you don't have to be that nice... I mean come on lets face it the WRX is an ugly duckling IMHO ... but I didn't buy it for looks .
Old 09-10-2002, 05:01 PM

C32 AMG
Originally posted by davidm_sh
But anyway I have nothing but respect for Mercedes... they are just not my cup of tea at the moment ... I am young and have no "need" for all that nice luxory [heh]. I will take some nice neck-whipping turbo torque for now.

Cheers
How old are u? You are never too young for an AMG. I thought the same thing (until BMW told me to wait 8 months of course ).
Old 09-10-2002, 08:13 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
So you're bragging about beating a little japanese car that cost less than half what your AMG did? LOL LOL LOL!!!!
why does everyone like to compare cost? hey, if you can afford it why not have a benz that is fast. you have the name and the speed. that's great if your wrx cost less but it's a suburu not a benz!

i can put turbo in my old civic si that is half the cost of your wrx and beat you to a pulp. LOLOLOLOL. now doesn't that sound stupid?

my take is since you can't have an amg, the only thing to make you feel better is to say "mine is half the cost of yours." think about it, people say that because they are jealous that they don't have one. it's just human nature.

Last edited by amgme; 09-10-2002 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by Boo2
How old are u? You are never too young for an AMG. I thought the same thing (until BMW told me to wait 8 months of course ).
I guess I should elaborate . I am 26 years old. And the main reasons I like the WRX are:

1) It's a cheap car
2) Easy to modify to get hp out of + HUGE aftermarket
3) Very cheap insurance considering it's a 4 door sedan
4) I don't have to worry about people eyeing it to much since I live in Colarado and WRX's are VERY common here.
5) It doesn't draw as much attention as a nice Mercedes .

Plus I don't think I could afford a Mercedes or BMW right now if I wanted to . I am all into performance over looks at the moment in my life. It's all about the cheap stealth baby [heh].

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03 C32 v/s WRX with ENORMOUS exhaust