Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Central Florida Beach drive in?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 02:58 PM

Location: Satellite Beach, Florida ( one hr. due West of Disney World)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430 Cab w/Ash/Dark ash leather and Ash top : all options
Lightbulb Central Florida Beach drive in?

Hi all you Florida MB owner/operators!
I had the pleasure of having a face to face with Benz, and since then, I've thought how great it would be to have a get together with all the other M-B owners on this forum and others!

I happen to live on the Beach in Satellite Beach, FL, which is a central location for So. Fl., JAX, Orlando and places in between, which is very easy to get to off of I-95 exit 72 with a 8 mile due East drive to the beach from that exit.

There is a wonderful City Beach Park here with a lot of parking and covered pavillions and Bar-B-Q (large) cooking areas too!! There is lots of grass surronding the pavillions and a wonderful beach as well. There is restrooms and a wonderful Mexican outdoor eatery just across the street if cooking would be a hassle!

If there are other's that might be interested, then I can reserve a spot and we could plan on a car show and tell session and a day of fun and Mercedes fellowship!

I know that there are folks in Miami trying to put something together also, and maybe we could all get together up here without the driving, parking, and traffic problems that go with Miami? I lived there until Hurrican Andrew, and know the shortcomings.

The more the merry, and there is plenty of room for a hundred cars if that is even possible!

I'm a retired photojournalist with Time-Life, so I'll take lots of digital photos so we can show off our cars and the good time to others on the forum here!!

I'm thinking that Aug. would be nice, or Sept, although school starts then and might be harder to get more folks then?

I can also supply music and local knowledge if some of us would like to put a ride/caravan together too!

Would love to see a lot of other's M-B's that are owned by other folks from FL., so if you're interested, please email or PM me and we could start a semi-annual M-B drive-in!

Jim C
Old 07-10-2003, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
count me in here .....should we try for Aug 2nd? Thats a Saturday I Leave Aug 12th to Hawaii and will be gone for 2 weeks.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Just pick a date that we can shoot for. Early part of the month is okay by me.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 E320, 2003 C230 Kompressor
Just let me know when and where......the C needs a road trip
Old 07-10-2003, 09:41 PM

Well, that's four of us so far, and Aug. 2nd is fine with me, but I'll check on reservations on the spot first thing in the a.m. and post if available, but looks good I think.

Spread the word and we could make this a real good first get together folks!!!

Old 07-11-2003, 01:40 PM

Sounds good to me...If we wait till after Aug 12th my car will have its new paint job
Old 07-11-2003, 01:47 PM

Smile Beach Bash update

The smaller pavillion, which is really fine for a group of 50 or less people is available, and I've put in a stand-by reservation for it for us! I must pay a $50 damage deposit plus $32 rental for the space by July 25 or forfeit the spot.
I don't mind donating the fees, but only if we're going to have a good turnout of people, if you know what I mean! Four of us could just as well meet @ Ron Jon's Surf Shop for nothing for that matter!

I will post some pics I took this morning later today, but I must tell all that I won't be able to be there between 10:30 a.m. and around 1 p.m. as I have a wedding to attend that day also just up the road; that's my only conflict for that day, so if we'd like to wait a couple more weeks and try to get more people to attend, then I'll also check on other dates. Sunday, Aug 3 is out, as the Corvette Club has the whole park reserved that day.

Let's see what we can do. I'm even going to approch my local dealer and see if they might want to sponser some sort of gifts or something.

Happy driving to one and all,

Jim
Old 07-11-2003, 02:05 PM

Everyone who is 100% on going just type in

1.benz

If your not from this area and would like to know alittle more, you can give me a call at 407-616-6654...I dont live there but i'm also there
Old 07-11-2003, 09:01 PM

C250 Coupe 2012
I am in, will sent this message to other forums and maybe we can pull it off, think the interest is there and you taken an big step to organized. LET'S do it.
Tom

Last edited by C230K; 07-11-2003 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by C230K
I am in, will sent this message to other forums and maybe we can pull it off, think the interest is there and you taken an big step to organized. lte's do it.
Tom
Another person :p
TTT
Old 07-15-2003, 09:15 PM

TTT
Old 07-17-2003, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Tell me when & where & i could probablly make a drive up there, no prob.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
I don't want to put a damper on the beach pavilion, but I got this from a car club in Melbourne that might be another option and easier to plan for:

"Brevard Motorsports, a local car club here on the east coast of FL, puts on an annual event in which all proceeds, donations, everything goes to a local charity in the Central Florida region. This year we have selected the Central Florida Chapter of Leukemia-Lymphoma Society (blood cancer and related diseases)

This event is a large gathering of Imports and Domestics. Its a great place and time to check out each others rides. Our local club is made up of all makes and models as well!

Cars for Charity
August 16th, 2003 4pm-10pm
Melbourne Square Mall,
Melbourne, FL

Some of the items throughout the day are:

Car contest (Judged by make.. show and go)
Dyno contest (Highest HP.. by cly, and induction type)
Live Bands, DJ, Prize Giveaways, Meet and Greet

The event will be from 4pm-10pm, Saturday evening! That's right, this time we will be avoiding the blazing heat of the summer sun. The event will be held at the Melbourne Square Mall off of SR-192, here in Melbourne, FL.

Last years turnout was well over 250 cars, and together we raised over 3500 dollars. This year we hope to raise and donate more.

Our club keeps 0 dollars from this event. ALL MONIES go to the Charity. We figure if you got enough cash to buy an new turbo, or upgrade your injectors, you may be able to toss a little of the "flow" (haha sorry don’t mind the crappy pun) towards some local charities!

Irregardless, costs are as follows: Car Show Entrance: 15 to Enter, 3 to Spectate. Dyno Runs/Contest: 20 for 1 run, 30 for 2 runs

We would love for as many of you guys to show as possible. This is for a great cause and we hope to outdo last years show triple time. It's not that far of a drive for most you guys in O-town, G'ville, Tampa, ect......

You can also try to use this meet as an umbrella function for your own group! Have your own meet up.. at our event! and wham, everyone is a winner!"
Old 07-17-2003, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by ima55r2
I don't want to put a damper on the beach pavilion, but I got this from a car club in Melbourne that might be another option and easier to plan for:

"Brevard Motorsports, a local car club here on the east coast of FL, puts on an annual event in which all proceeds, donations, everything goes to a local charity in the Central Florida region. This year we have selected the Central Florida Chapter of Leukemia-Lymphoma Society (blood cancer and related diseases)

This event is a large gathering of Imports and Domestics. Its a great place and time to check out each others rides. Our local club is made up of all makes and models as well!

Cars for Charity
August 16th, 2003 4pm-10pm
Melbourne Square Mall,
Melbourne, FL

Some of the items throughout the day are:

Car contest (Judged by make.. show and go)
Dyno contest (Highest HP.. by cly, and induction type)
Live Bands, DJ, Prize Giveaways, Meet and Greet

The event will be from 4pm-10pm, Saturday evening! That's right, this time we will be avoiding the blazing heat of the summer sun. The event will be held at the Melbourne Square Mall off of SR-192, here in Melbourne, FL.

Last years turnout was well over 250 cars, and together we raised over 3500 dollars. This year we hope to raise and donate more.

Our club keeps 0 dollars from this event. ALL MONIES go to the Charity. We figure if you got enough cash to buy an new turbo, or upgrade your injectors, you may be able to toss a little of the "flow" (haha sorry don’t mind the crappy pun) towards some local charities!

Irregardless, costs are as follows: Car Show Entrance: 15 to Enter, 3 to Spectate. Dyno Runs/Contest: 20 for 1 run, 30 for 2 runs

We would love for as many of you guys to show as possible. This is for a great cause and we hope to outdo last years show triple time. It's not that far of a drive for most you guys in O-town, G'ville, Tampa, ect......

You can also try to use this meet as an umbrella function for your own group! Have your own meet up.. at our event! and wham, everyone is a winner!"
Ill pass...im looking for a benz only get together
Old 07-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 E320, 2003 C230 Kompressor
Thanks, sound like a worthwhile event, but I'm not willing to drive to Melbourne. Plus I prefer and all Mercedes event this time.

Any update on our event?
Old 07-17-2003, 08:15 PM

Thumbs up

It's still on with me if we can get a few people that want to do it! I really don't want to spend thirty bucks and just sit there waiting for people to show up. I can go to the beach for free!

I'm with the rest of you all as far as wanting to do an all Mercedes thing.

Seems that we're getting all kinds of people wanting to do a Florida get together, now we just need to see if folks really want to do it!

Benz, did you get my email? I've got photos to put up, but not sure how to do it on this forum; maybe that would get more interest going?

Jim
Old 07-17-2003, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by Jim C.
It's still on with me if we can get a few people that want to do it! I really don't want to spend thirty bucks and just sit there waiting for people to show up. I can go to the beach for free!

I'm with the rest of you all as far as wanting to do an all Mercedes thing.

Seems that we're getting all kinds of people wanting to do a Florida get together, now we just need to see if folks really want to do it!

Benz, did you get my email? I've got photos to put up, but not sure how to do it on this forum; maybe that would get more interest going?

Jim
I dont think i gotten that email....thats odd...Can you send this again to me....I can host pictures for you free.....Also, our Florida mercedes board will be up soon
Old 07-21-2003, 11:03 PM

C230K
I’m in just let me know when and where. Although Aug 28 until Sep 1 is no good for me.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:28 PM

Question New date?

Well, I didn't get the site, as I felt there just wasn't going to be enough of a turn out, so let's set another date!

The month of Sept. is wide open, and if we can muster enough interest, we could really have a fine outing! I'm going to approch my local dealer ( as I'm in friendly terms with the GM) and see if they might want to do something to help sponser a Beach Bash?

All those that have an interest, let's set a good date and put something together!

Jim
Old 07-27-2003, 02:11 PM

C230K
Cool

Just let me know when and where.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:17 PM

E55 AMG, Audi Q5 TDI
I live about 30 min from you Jim C. I will deffinatly be up for any Benz meet even if it is just a few of us locals. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Also please e-mail me with any updates on the meet as I do not frequent this forum.

Regards, Christopher L Partain
cpartain@cfl.rr.com
Old 08-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Almost a Member!

c32 AMG
Thumbs up

I would drive to the beach to see y'all MBs. My car is currently in the shop, but if it didn't go on this weekend, I would come over any weekend.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:57 AM

C250 Coupe 2012
Florida mercedes board will be up soon, when is soon??? are their any plans for a Aug. meet?
Old 08-04-2003, 08:25 AM

This thread has changed to the Space Coast Beach Party, so please check there for the upcoming beach GTG in Sept.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:45 AM

Originally posted by C230K
Florida mercedes board will be up soon, when is soon??? are their any plans for a Aug. meet?
Our Florida board will be up Tomorrow WOOHOO!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Central Florida Beach drive in?