W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Old 05-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Arrow SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

I have a set of OEM MB E63 Wheels & Conti Tires. They are near brand new condition with less that 65 miles on wheels and tires combined. I took the off the car upon delivery. I dont know whats a good price for these wheels Im thinking $2200 Shipped. But send me some offers via pm.

Front:-18x8.5 ET38 with 245/40/18
Rear:-18x9 ET39 with 265/35/18

Old 05-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 709 Likes on 691 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
where r u located?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:57 PM

2007 E63
PM sent
Old 05-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

AMG
PM replied
Old 05-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Banned

AMG
PM Replied
Old 05-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Where are you located and how much if I pick em up?
Old 05-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned

AMG
PM Replied
Old 05-17-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
I believe these are sold unless the OP has more than one set.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned

AMG
The wheels are sold. Thanks
Old 05-22-2008, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Well, it does not look good for me here guys. I believe this seller is a scam.

He won't give me a real name or phone number. He does call me when I send him a private message on this forum....usually a few hours later.

He says he shipped them via DHL last Friday...then he said Monday...then he said Tuesday. The DHL tracking numbers show one package delivered to California (I live in South Carolina BTW) sent overnight (Like someone sends 100LB wheels overnight) and one package that is somewhere in Atlanta now. He told me the wheels would be shipped from NY and DHL shows them shipped from Boston.

When I ask him point blank for a name and real phone number he ignores that and says DHL has lost the packages and is trying to find them.

I believe he falsely created labels in the DHL software and used those labels to ship other product which is why the tracking is so FUBARed right now.

I paid him via Google checkout last Friday with a Discover card and have notified both of these companies my belief that this is pure scam.

Time might prove me wrong if the wheels show up...although I do not know how since DHL has no clue where they are.

Thought I would post this to warn others.

I hope I am wrong, but I do not think someone that gives false names and numbers (three false numbers and counting) is going to pull through here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated even if sent by PM.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:38 PM

E63
Its over Johnny

This doesn't look good at all. What price did he agree to accept? I am always suspicious when first time posters are trying to sell something. This just smells bad all the way...especially if he agreed to a low price. I would go ahead and have the CC company unwind this now.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned

AMG
First of all Timeless is a liar. Secondly I did ship the wheels, but DHL has lost his shipment. Thirdly he has my contact info and has called me numerous of times. I am trying to sort the shipping situation out with DHL. They are the ones responsible not me.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:40 PM

E63
Looks like you are going to have your hands full timeless. One thing is clear from his last post...you won't be getting any wheels.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Banned

AMG
Timeless I emailed you several times, you called me several times too. Now your going to sit on here and lie ? Just tell the truth. I shipped out the wheels with DHL provided you tracking numbers. For some reason DHL has lost the wheels. Thats why I insured them in case they get damaged or lost. Relax. Dont try to make me look bad, you should be mad at DHL. I told you to contact them regarding tracking. I also told you I will assist you if you need to file a claim.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by benzgrandcru
First of all Timeless is a liar. Secondly I did ship the wheels, but DHL has lost his shipment. Thirdly he has my contact info and has called me numerous of times. I am trying to sort the shipping situation out with DHL. They are the ones responsible not me.
- Three phone numbers that do not work or go to Bain Capital Fund in Boston.
- One supposed personal cell phone that goes to a recording.
- Once told the other numbers do not work he gives another supposed personal cell phone that goes to some girl named 'Jenny'.
- His work phone goes to some dude in Bain Capital Fund that has never heard of him (Phil Johnson [LOL]) and suggests I call the main phone number.
- Call the main number and they say they do not have anyone by that name that works there.
- I asked you at LEAST twenty time for your real name and you never replied with anything other than 'DHL is working on the problem'.
- Supposedly you faxed the DHL receipt to me...never shows up.
- When questioned about your supposed job number going to some dude that never heard of you...you say that is your partner and he knows about this??? WTF?

There are so many things wrong about this to list...I have them documented.

Let me be the first to say that I will unequivacably and sincerely apologize if these wheels actually ever show up.

EDIT: He PMs me saying how dare you insult me on this forum....So I tell him to give me a real name, number, and address. His response? "Call DHL". I also forgot to mention he lied about having this same user name on benzworld.org as I checked that also today.

Last edited by Timeless; 05-22-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

AMG
I work at Bain Capital thats my companys phone. You cant be calling at all times of the day man. Thats why I gave you my cell numbers to call me on. You called me 4 times at Bains and Twice on my cell. My boss is gets really upset about personal phone calls. You need to call me on my cell, not my work. Also you know that DHL has told you that the wheels were lost. I told you I will help get this sorted out with DHL in regards to the claim. Dont lie man, just tell the truth.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Timeless I emailed you several times, you called me several times too. Now your going to sit on here and lie ? Just tell the truth. I shipped out the wheels with DHL provided you tracking numbers. For some reason DHL has lost the wheels. Thats why I insured them in case they get damaged or lost. Relax. Dont try to make me look bad, you should be mad at DHL. I told you to contact them regarding tracking. I also told you I will assist you if you need to file a claim.
You forget that the SHIPPER is the one that gets refunded from DHL...NOT THE RECEIVER. If DHL has truly lost the wheels then you should REFUND me the money and get YOUR REFUND from DHL.

In fact, if you refund the money to me RIGHT now, I will delete this post. If the wheels show up, I will pay you the $2,200.00 PLUS 10% for being a gentleman and going through this aggravation.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Banned

AMG
I cant refund you bc I dont have the wheels. If I had the wheels back, then I can refund you. I can file the claim for you then refund you once the claim is paid out. Its not my fault that DHL has lost the wheels. Thats why Im filing a claim on your behalf. Plus you already doing a chargeback. Just tell the truth man. Its not my fault, its DHL to blame for all of this.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
I cant refund you bc I dont have the wheels. If I had the wheels back, then I can refund you. I can file the claim for you then refund you once the claim is paid out. Its not my fault that DHL has lost the wheels. Thats why Im filing a claim on your behalf. Plus you already doing a chargeback. Just tell the truth man. Its not my fault, its DHL to blame for all of this.
Are you on crack? Just go to google checkout and refund the money...simple as that. Listen to me very slowly...YOU ARE THE SHIPPER. YOU PAID DHL TO SHIP THE PRODUCT. YOU PAID FOR INSURANCE IN CASE OF DAMAGE OR LOSS. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT FILES THE CLAIM AND GETS RE-IMBURSED.

Me being the shippee (receiver of the goods that never arrived) has NOTHING to do with this claim to DHL. If you actually did this for a living like you said you did you would know that. Every company that ships KNOWS this.

Your responsibily to ME is the refund of the purchase price.

If the wheels ever arrive I will apologize and give you an additional 10%.

Tell you what, I bet there are members from Boston here that might be willing to go meet you and check your identity to see if you are REALLY Phil Johnson.

How about that?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

AMG
Originally Posted by Timeless
You forget that the SHIPPER is the one that gets refunded from DHL...NOT THE RECEIVER. If DHL has truly lost the wheels then you should REFUND me the money and get YOUR REFUND from DHL.

In fact, if you refund the money to me RIGHT now, I will delete this post. If the wheels show up, I will pay you the $2,200.00 PLUS 10% for being a gentleman and going through this aggravation.
I cant refund you bc I dont have the wheels. If I had the wheels back, then I can refund you. I can file the claim for you, and the claim will be paid out directly to you the reciever not me Its not my fault that DHL has lost the wheels. Thats why Im filing a claim on your behalf. Plus you already doing a chargeback. Its not my fault, its DHL to blame for all of this. You need to contact DHL so we can get this resolved in a timely manner. Dont sit on this forum and lie man, tell the real facts. Also please dont call Bains, my boss is getting upset with these personal calls. Call me on my cell phone, I gave you that number for a reason.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 E55
I have a set of OEM MB E63 Wheels & Conti Tires. They are near brand new condition with less that 65 miles on wheels and tires combined. I took the off the car upon delivery. I dont know whats a good price for these wheels Im thinking $2200 Shipped. But send me some offers via pm.

Front:-18x8.5 ET38 with 245/40/18
Rear:-18x9 ET39 with 265/35/18

Nice wheel! will this fit 2002 E55?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by StevE55
Wonder if StevE55 and Benzgrandcru have the same IP?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
I cant refund you bc I dont have the wheels. If I had the wheels back, then I can refund you. I can file the claim for you, and the claim will be paid out directly to you the reciever not me Its not my fault that DHL has lost the wheels. Thats why Im filing a claim on your behalf. Plus you already doing a chargeback. Its not my fault, its DHL to blame for all of this. You need to contact DHL so we can get this resolved in a timely manner. Dont sit on this forum and lie man, tell the real facts. Also please dont call Bains, my boss is getting upset with these personal calls. Call me on my cell phone, I gave you that number for a reason.
OK, last response as I have to go eat. IF DHL lost the wheels then the insurance goes to you as the shipper...not me. If you were of any integrity you would refund the purchase via google checkout. You have that option as the seller. Your boss has never heard of you...so how is he upset? Make sure to have him call me and tell me he is upset.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by StevE55
No. He already didn’t ship them to another member.

Sucks for you, Timeless. Hope that chargeback makes you whole.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 PM

2007 E63
You better have had two sets of these wheels, because I also paid you for them through Google check out. I hope I'm wrong, but I had a gut feeling about you.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly