Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 Vs. WRX STI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 07:28 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
C32 Vs. WRX STI

These d@mn STI's.

I posted a kill story the other day where I raced a STI on the freeway and smoked him....

Today, I was lucky enough to pull up behind one at a red light with a long strech of road in front of us. I was thinking to myself this guy is toast. I put the car in 1st and turned the ESP off. We waited a few seconds for the light to turn green and then we were off. I thought for sure I was going to pass him before I hit 60, but it didn't happen. In fact, I didn't pass him until we hit 110! I shot him the peace sign as I flew by, and then I made my way home. What's up with this? I thought we were supposed to pass these guys sooner. Maybe I have been underestimating the STI and its abilities. Maybe I can't drive. Maybe my C32 is a slow one. Who knows....

It was a close call.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
Was it a new STi? The one with the vaginal opening in front?
Old 09-24-2006, 08:16 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Was it a new STi? The one with the vaginal opening in front?
It had a big hood scoop on it. Is that what you are talking about?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Nah...they ALL have hoodscoops...even their Cute-ute/wagon has a hoodscoop...

Did the front of it look like this? It would be a new one then, which from what I heard is pretty decent...but still behind the Evo it terms of performance.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Could have been modded, so easy to gain power from these 2.5 liter 4 turbo.

Like in my audi, 50hp out of a chip hahaha.

Last edited by Militant-Grunt; 09-24-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
a stock sti will be a drivers race up to 100+, especially from a stop, from a roll you take their launch advantage and will slowly pull away until 100+, after 100+ you will KILL them.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:23 AM

C55 AMG
STI's are 13 sec flat cars, it's a heads up match until higher speeds where their tiny turbo's weaken them. They launch like a **** so most of the time the awd will take off like a bat out of hell.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by the101dragons
STI's are 13 sec flat cars, it's a heads up match until higher speeds where their tiny turbo's weaken them. They launch like a **** so most of the time the awd will take off like a bat out of hell.
they arent that fast, 13.3-13.6
Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Now I don't feel so bad. I was behind hime at the light and as soon as I could, I got next to him.

I don't think it was a new one. Then again, I was looking at the back of his car most of the race.

All that matters is that I beat him....A kill is a kill, right?
Old 09-25-2006, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
These d@mn STI's.

I posted a kill story the other day where I raced a STI on the freeway and smoked him....

Today, I was lucky enough to pull up behind one at a red light with a long strech of road in front of us. I was thinking to myself this guy is toast. I put the car in 1st and turned the ESP off. We waited a few seconds for the light to turn green and then we were off. I thought for sure I was going to pass him before I hit 60, but it didn't happen. In fact, I didn't pass him until we hit 110! I shot him the peace sign as I flew by, and then I made my way home. What's up with this? I thought we were supposed to pass these guys sooner. Maybe I have been underestimating the STI and its abilities. Maybe I can't drive. Maybe my C32 is a slow one. Who knows....

It was a close call.
Bone stock STI's will do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and consistely run mid-high 12's in the 1/4 mile all day long with a half decent driver, all you need to be in the low 12's is an intake and a TBE, which i'd say a majority of STI's have. You really had no chance at all.

The only way a C32/55 has a chance against an STI, is at a roll already at highway speeds, in any other situation, forget about it.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
but still behind the Evo it terms of performance.
Not true at all.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
From the owner for a STi!

Well it's just what I heard. My friend was looking at both, he obviously had to do some research, and he decided on the Evo...he said it was just better.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From the owner for a STi!

Well it's just what I heard. My friend was looking at both, he obviously had to do some research, and he decided on the Evo...he said it was just better.
And I obviously had to do some research before deciding on the superior car. The Evo is in no way, shape, or form better than the STI.

Edit: Well, I guess the Evo has better seats .
Old 09-25-2006, 06:20 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Now I don't feel so bad. I was behind hime at the light and as soon as I could, I got next to him.

I don't think it was a new one. Then again, I was looking at the back of his car most of the race.

All that matters is that I beat him....A kill is a kill, right?
It's hard to tell do since you said you past him at 120 or so. Man I stop racing at about 100 or so. Good race none the less. I want to go boost next and my next car will be a boosted EVO or Supra.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:24 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_55
they arent that fast, 13.3-13.6
They are faster then my stock C55 and the stock C32's. Plus they have turbo which in turn can be modified easily to take out most cars. All this for the half price of our beloved AMG C class, that's a worthy note.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Accord
Bone stock STI's will do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and consistely run mid-high 12's in the 1/4 mile all day long with a half decent driver, all you need to be in the low 12's is an intake and a TBE, which i'd say a majority of STI's have. You really had no chance at all.

The only way a C32/55 has a chance against an STI, is at a roll already at highway speeds, in any other situation, forget about it.
where are you getting you data?

show me one respectible magazine that has a stock STI with high 12's? In fact they are mid 13's and their trap speeds are not that great.
some have hit low 13's, but their trap speeds are not in par with a C55 or C32

I have no issue on the 0-60.. but I have NOT seen any major magazine publish the times you quoted for the 1/4.

And don't tell me its on Dragtimes.com or vidstreetfighter or some guy that claim he was stock. (jada jada jada)

most magazine writers are season profressionals and they are 95% better drivers most of its readers.

I killed an STI (White) 05 model from 60 to 120. He never gain on me.. and I was stock. (you can search the kill seciton, I even described the freeway, time, location, and we ran 3 times on a lonely freeway)

have you seen this video..
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...0a018739b8.htm

I know STI's can be made into monsters.. but most people would take the EVO to start a major modding project.

As far as making a Subi a low 12's car... it takes way more than intake and a TBE my friend.. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Just a few months back we had a subi owner join us "V8killer" or similar. He wanted to kill E55's, and he was doing a major overhaul of his engine and intercooler with alcahol injections.. that is just run low 12's..
Old 09-26-2006, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

WRONG! Your 0-60 is close to accurate but your 1/4 is rediculous. My uncle is a die hard subi owner and has had several WRX and STI's in the past. It takes a lot more than a good driver, intake, and TBE to dip into the low 12s! A stock 32/55 vs. any newer STI is a close race and if all are stock the results will always be the same (with a good STI driver). The subi will jump out front off the line and the AMG will be even around 60 and walk from there. Every time.
Low 12s.....

One of MANY articles out there. Should also help with the EVO vs. STI...
http://www.scoobyblog.com/2006-03-23...ubaru-wrx-sti/

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 09-26-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
WRONG! Your 0-60 is close to accurate but your 1/4 is rediculous. My uncle is a die hard subi owner and has had several WRX and STI's in the past. It takes a lot more than a good driver, intake, and TBE to dip into the low 12s! A stock 32/55 vs. any newer STI is a close race and if all are stock the results will always be the same (with a good STI driver). The subi will jump out front off the line and the AMG will be even around 60 and walk from there. Every time.
Low 12s.....

One of MANY articles out there. Should also help with the EVO vs. STI...
http://www.scoobyblog.com/2006-03-23...ubaru-wrx-sti/

ditto! I agree w/ ya.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by TopGun32

show me one respectible magazine that has a stock STI with high 12's? In fact they are mid 13's and their trap speeds are not that great.

I have no issue on the 0-60.. but I have NOT seen any major magazine publish the times you quoted for the 1/4.

And don't tell me its on Dragtimes.com or vidstreetfighter or some guy that claim he was stock. (jada jada jada)

most magazine writers are season profressionals and they are 95% better drivers most of its readers.

I killed an STI (White) 05 model from 60 to 120. He never gain on me.. and I was stock. (you can search the kill seciton, I even described the freeway, time, location, and we ran 3 times on a lonely freeway)

I know STI's can be made into monsters.. but most people would take the EVO to start a major modding project.

As far as making a Subi a low 12's car... it takes way more than intake and a TBE my friend.. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Just a few months back we had a subi owner join us "V8killer" or similar. He wanted to kill E55's, and he was doing a major overhaul of his engine and intercooler with alcahol injections.. that is just run low 12's..
THANK YOU
Old 09-26-2006, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
And I obviously had to do some research before deciding on the superior car. The Evo is in no way, shape, or form better than the STI.

Edit: Well, I guess the Evo has better seats .
How come magazines tests almost always find in favor of Evo's then?

I've driven a P1. That was a great Impeza. But it was no Evo VI1/2.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Talking Hey guys!

Originally Posted by TopGun32

LOL guess who???? I have not been in here due to a marriage to plan and my car being down. I would not call my upgrades major but they are considerable. I use to own a Range Rover and dumped a considerable amount on that, got sick of the truck being in the shop more than in my garage. With that said I am not a kid in a ricer moble but just a guy who decided to change priorities, owns 4 daily cars and at 33 just into having a bit more invested into the future than in my rides. The car is back up as of last friday and is a monster. Now it's hard to compare a stock vehicle to a modded one so let's just leave it at that. The stock Sti turbo is considerably smaller than a stock Evo turbo hence the difference in power from bolt on mods. The best a stock turbo'ed Sti with bolt ons can manage is 300-320 awhp while an Evo with similar mods =350-360 awhp. A Sti stock can trap 12.8-13.3 with a decent driver with traps in the 100-108 range. When modded in stages the cars will actually hit the lower times more consistently since a great launch is not needed to get the best times. On most boards the consensus is magazine drivers suck and usually dealing with new not broken in cars which will make more power.
Now onto my mods FP green turbo stock inlet 1300.00, injectors PE 850cc's 550.00, UR racing external wastegate setup with tial 44mm and atmospheric dump 700.00, Greddy EBC 250.00, WBR fmic 800.00, Greddy catback with Invidia 3 inch dp 750.00, and that's it for now aside for some minor supporting parts no injection YET!! Power output on moderate boost 350-400 awhp and that will jump another 50 more or less with injection.......by the way this is not a 12 sec setup, so don't be fooled. I am in break in right now so have not had a chance to see what she can really do. I gave you guys this list to show truely what was done and where it places me. Love this forum and when constructive not bias comments are made they are welcomed.

P.S : On a side not my name is not a jab to this board I have the same name on over 20 car enthusiasts boards and the goal is not to beat E55's but to just have some more power for fun!

Last edited by v8killer2pt5; 09-27-2006 at 12:48 PM. Reason: More info
Old 09-27-2006, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
LOL guess who???? I have not been in here due to a marriage to plan and my car being down. I would not call my upgrades major but they are considerable. I use to own a Range Rover and dumped a considerable amount on that, got sick of the truck being in the shop more than in my garage. With that said I am not a kid in a ricer moble but just a guy who decided to change priorities, owns 4 daily cars and at 33 just into having a bit more invested into the future than in my rides. The car is back up as of last friday and is a monster. Now it's hard to compare a stock vehicle to a modded one so let's just leave it at that. The stock Sti turbo is considerably smaller than a stock Evo turbo hence the difference in power from bolt on mods. The best a stock turbo'ed Sti with bolt ons can manage is 300-320 awhp while an Evo with similar mods =350-360 awhp. A Sti stock can trap 12.8-13.3 with a decent driver with traps in the 100-108 range. When modded in stages the cars will actually hit the lower times more consistently since a great launch is not needed to get the best times. On most boards the consensus is magazine drivers suck and usually dealing with new not broken in cars which will make more power.
Now onto my mods FP green turbo stock inlet 1300.00, injectors PE 850cc's 550.00, UR racing external wastegate setup with tial 44mm and atmospheric dump 700.00, Greddy EBC 250.00, WBR fmic 800.00, Greddy catback with Invidia 3 inch dp 750.00, and that's it for now aside for some minor supporting parts no injection YET!! Power output on moderate boost 350-400 awhp and that will jump another 50 more or less with injection.......by the way this is not a 12 sec setup, so don't be fooled. I am in break in right now so have not had a chance to see what she can really do. I gave you guys this list to show truely what was done and where it places me. Love this forum and when constructive not bias comments are made they are welcomed.

P.S : On a side not my name is not a jab to this board I have the same name on over 20 car enthusiasts boards and the goal is not to beat E55's but to just have some more power for fun!

congrats on getting hitched!

I agree with most of your points.. except the 12.8 and 108 trap speed... in stock form..

108mph is a high number to acheive with only 300hp (flywheel).. it just does not add up, especially with AWD 300hp. You will need atleast 340+ to get that trap speed.

I have seen EVO's close close to low 13's in stock form more consistantly than the STI.

Any how welcome back and thanks for the input.

BTW: With that set up, E55's should not be a problem, unless they ar Stage1 and above.

(my next project is a simple pulley upgrade on my E55 and maybe the ECU). For now my C32 is done and I'm debating of selling it or keep the car as my daily driver.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Oh don't get me wrong I gave a range of times that guys have done, I would link this to one of our track times thread but doubt it's necessary. We actually have had plenty of guys hit 12.3 on a bolt on stock turbo'ed Sti. the reason you see more consistent "better times" with Evo's is gearing. the Sti gearing is not condusive to 1/4 mile runs. 1st gear about 30 mph, 2nd 58mph, 3rd I forget about 78, 4th 98 and 5th not sure on. That's alot of shifting to finish the 1/4 with alot of room for mistakes and time lost to shifts. Oh not sure on stg 1 E55's but I won't need as much power to overcome them weigh is a big benefit here. OOPPPS forgot since awd drivetrain parts sap power to the wheels I am having a Canadian manufactuer who supplies drift teams make me a custom differential setup to convert awd to RWD. I will be one of maybe 3 people ever in the USA to use this type of conversion. Benefits = less drivetrain loss and smoky burnouts! Thanks for the congrats, and once we are married I see a Z06 in my future or possibly a AMG model.

Hey can you post a link where I can see Stg'ed kits for the E55, I am interested in seeing what they put down with mods.

Last edited by v8killer2pt5; 09-27-2006 at 01:35 PM. Reason: More info
Old 09-27-2006, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
Oh don't get me wrong I gave a range of times that guys have done, I would link this to one of our track times thread but doubt it's necessary. We actually have had plenty of guys hit 12.3 on a bolt on stock turbo'ed Sti. the reason you see more consistent "better times" with Evo's is gearing. the Sti gearing is not condusive to 1/4 mile runs. 1st gear about 30 mph, 2nd 58mph, 3rd I forget about 78, 4th 98 and 5th not sure on. That's alot of shifting to finish the 1/4 with alot of room for mistakes and time lost to shifts. Oh not sure on stg 1 E55's but I won't need as much power to overcome them weigh is a big benefit here. OOPPPS forgot since awd drivetrain parts sap power to the wheels I am having a Canadian manufactuer who supplies drift teams make me a custom differential setup to convert awd to RWD. I will be one of maybe 3 people ever in the USA to use this type of conversion. Benefits = less drivetrain loss and smoky burnouts! Thanks for the congrats, and once we are married I see a Z06 in my future or possibly a AMG model.

Hey can you post a link where I can see Stg'ed kits for the E55, I am interested in seeing what they put down with mods.
evosport.com

kleemann

or renntech

usually they will post their products with some base lines runs and after mods..

Stage 1... low 12's or high 11's with about 117+ trap speed (good track, and condition)

Stage 2: high 11's and mid 11's with trap speed of 120+

here is a stage 2 car.. (pulley, ecu and headers) running mid 11's (notice the trap speed) NO drags

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...2156f0372a.htm
Old 09-27-2006, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
My little brother has a quick wrx that's been a project build for the last couple years. last week he came home and took off to my parents cabin for a couple days and left his car at my house this car on race gas and 31 lbs of boost is running around 600 awhp.

Since I didn’t have any appointments today I decided to take the car to my office so i could make some calls, send a fax, look at a file, what ever...I just really wanted to drive the car. This thing was so much fun, makes me want to build one to race with. I hesitate to use this word around here but it really is a beast.

This car is sooooooo fast. I almost had my girlfriend in tears last night because she was scared I was going to make her ride in it with me again. A while ago she swore that she would never get into this car again with me and for sure never with my brother. I know I could get her in the car with me again but I think she literally will be crying about it.

I dont have anything to add to the 1/4 time and trap mph debate but I know that I would buy an sti to build over an evo all day long. I think there is a wrx/evo shootout comming up here mid oct. That should be fun to see how things turn out, mabye there will even be some **** talking going around too

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 Vs. WRX STI